JOB TITLE: Lighting Technician
Manager, Broadcast Operations
Job Summary: Provides operation and basic installation/maintenance of all Show Productions sound, video, special effects, and lighting equipment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform daily operational duties to assist the department to include covering open positions, communicating show changes, schedule changes and other details and sharing information with co-workers and management.
- Perform all assignments and responsibilities as outlined for a stagehand, spotlight operator, light board operator, audio operator, special effects operator, and camera operator.
- Operate a spotlight, light board, audio console, video camera, and/or special effects equipment for shows and special events in the park. Will occasionally perform stagehand show scene shifts and other behind the scene duties for shows
- Provide basic troubleshooting and maintenance for scenic elements, sound system, video equipment, special effects equipment, lighting system, lighting fixtures or other technical components.
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance standards through all assigned tasks.
- Consistently set the example for following all park policies and procedures.
- Maintain departmental and area safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other functions as directed by management for the good of the department and park
- Knowledge of technical theater, including but not limited to: theater safety, audio and lighting systems, special effects, video, theatrical scenery and drapery, set decorating, scenic and prop construction, maintenance and repair.
- College level experience in Theatre or related discipline or equivalent related employment experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including: early mornings/days/evenings/late nights/weekends/holidays.
- Must be team-oriented with a positive attitude
- Be capable of successfully interacting with various entertainers, technicians, outside contractors, entertainment and park staff, and personnel from other departments.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Hands on capability to operate technical equipment and troubleshoot technical problems
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions and in both natural and artificial lighting
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to stay focused on a task over long periods of time
- Excellent ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent ability to ensure integrity in all matters
- Ability to work night and/or weekend shifts on a scheduled basis